10 Quick Facts
- I have a small office in Tintern and can see the Tintern Abbey out of my window.
- Before becoming a developer in 2001 I worked in sales for a German compiler company.
- Zero Point is my second company - I sold my first company Timebox Solutions Ltd to a competitor (Ocuco) in April 2007. With Timebox I developed a commercial solution for UK opticians.
- I am actually from Colorado but have lived in the UK since 1994.
- Yes. The weather is much better in Colorado! 330 sunny days a year.
- No. I am not moving back to Colorado anytime before 2020. 3 kids you know.
- Yes I am a skier. In fact, in 2007 I tackled some of the hardest runs on planet Earth at Crested Butte. This year we are off to Copper Mountain.
- I was born on February 29 (leap year) which is an endless source of fun for my 3 children.
- My wife is a GP in Chepstow. She hates computers.
- The name Zero Point comes from the idea of Zero Point Energy and my interest in science. In fact, I have degree in chemistry. You can learn more at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-point_energy
name Chris Van Buren
location Tintern, South Wales, UK
family Married with 3 Children